My iron broke the other day and it's going to be a while till it gets here. Do you realize that you can't do anything but quilt when you don't have an iron? I was going to put some binding on...but no, you need to iron it.
I haven't posted in a long time so I thought I would show you this awesome fabric that I purchased with a gift certificate. (Thank you, sweet lady!) Meet Elementary from Moda. If I was made into a fabric line, it would probably look like this! Okay, this is only one side of me. There are many others!
But I love the colors (think relaxing day at the beach) and the prints (alpha - numeric).
Favorite Print in the Pile!
A Close Second!
So I thought you might like to learn a few things about me that you might not know:
1. You all know that I homeschool my 8 kids, but you might not know that I have been homeschooling for over 14 years and I graduated my oldest last year.
2. I love math! (Not one of my kids shares my passion, but I have 2 hopefuls left)
3. I have a Chemical Engineering degree from the University of Washington. (I only used this for a year and a half, then got married and became a mama.)
4. I have lived in Wisconsin, Washington, Oregon, Rhode Island, California, and Oklahoma. (The Pacific Northwest was my favorite.)
5. I like to sing songs at the top of my lungs while dancing around the house. (I do this mainly because it drives my kids nuts!)
6. Quilting is my very favorite thing to do. (This is no surprise - is it?)
I have 2 quilts almost finished and one done that was a pattern test. Hope to post them soon! Have a great week sewing and quilting.