Saturday, June 7, 2014

Seaside Belle Wave





I started this beautiful Belle Wave quilt last month. The pattern came from Faith of Fresh Lemons Quilts and was easy to follow.  I started with this set of fabric that I had picked in my color class.  My feeling was soothing:




 Reminds me of the beach.  I was short a green and blue fabric when I made this fabric pull.  After my last shopping trip I was able to find the fabric I needed to make this quilt.

I am also trying to learn how to use curves in photoshop to make my pictures look better.  I can say that I don't have that mastered yet!  But I did take my pictures in the shade next to the light outside today.  This helped a lot in my starting point for editing the photos.

First try was in the shade facing the sun.  Great at showing the quilting, but the color is wrong.


Then I switched sides and shot with the sun behind me.


I edited this photo 2 times trying to get the nice soft colors to show.  I think the first one is better, but the blues aren't quite right.  I found lots of tutorials on editing photos of people, but need to find one without people.  Anyone know of a good one?

The closeup of the quilting turned out the be the best colorwise. I used a new pantograph called Curlz. Kinda reminds me of the waves so it seemed fitting for my soothing beach quilt.


The back is long strips of fabric from the front.


Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you enjoyed it!





7 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon - this quilt is so neat. I love both the pattern and colors you used. I am going to have to get this pattern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I like the color and the design. I think the quilting really adds to the overall effect. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you quilt, the color and every thing. Some day I will made one like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It reminds me of the beach also. And it looks perfect for cuddling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color choices and lovely quilting. Do you get to keep this quilt or is it intended for someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really like the pattern and your choice of fabrics is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt and your photos look great! Just keep experimenting with the lighting outside. Thanks for sharing at Linky Tuesday! Freemotion by the River

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...