Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Super Simple No Seams to Line Up Guy Quilt...

...for lack of a better title!  I even asked my boys for some ideas - "super cool line quilt"  and "cool quilt" were some of the wonderful suggestions I received!  My inspiration came from here with no help naming this quilt either.  But it is simple and easy to make!

53 x 63

Blocks are cut at 6.5" x 4.5" and sashing is 2.5"  I used most of the same fabrics from the last quilt, but this time I wanted to use up all the striped fabric.  I love the striped binding.  I didn't know weather to connect my strips on the diagonal or match them up straight.  So I went with diagonal because it goes through my binding machine easier!  Here's a closer look at the prints.



 Lots of stripes on the back.  It wasn't tall enough so I just cut it in 3 places and added some fabric from the front. I was all out of the red which would have looked great on the back.  Still looks great.  I think stripes are perfect for a guy quilt!




Fresh Poppy Design

6 comments:

  1. This pattern is great, too! Love the striped backing and binding. I use it when I can on bindings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Such a simple, fun pattern. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore stripe bindings. Gotta love "no seams to line up" quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great quilt-quick and easy. Saving for future reference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son would love this with all that orange! Once again you picked a great pattern to use what you had. Love it! Especially the big stripes on the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt turned out great, Shannon! The border sets it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...