Friday, September 23, 2016

Falling Stars


50 x 60 

This quilt is from the new pattern called Falling Stars by Myra of Busy Hands Quilts.  I got to make mine in purples, blues, and green.  I love this color combo!  It came together so fast with the large half square triangles so I spent some extra time on the quilting.


I quilted the squares first and then added the wavy lines about an inch apart.  I used a variegated purple thread that I found on my shelf.  I thought it would look good on the gray squares. Maybe I should have gone with gray?  I don't know. I do love the texture of the quilting.



It's a wonderful pattern to quilt on as you could do so many different things in those solid areas. It works with lots of different colors too.  You can see more options on Myra's blog here.


Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts


14 comments:

  1. This looks like a great pattern. You quilting really adds texture and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is amazing! I do love your color combination and the quilting is the final perfect choice! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt. You did an amazing job with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt and great quilting - what a lovely quilt you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabrics look so pretty here and I like the purple thread as well. It shows off your fun quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you quilted this! I'm going to go check out this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so pretty - I saw the front on Myra's post but the back is just as gorgeous, lovely texture and the stripe across the middle is beautiful ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is gorgeous. I love the way you have quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is gorgeous. I love the way you have quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is stunning. I love the colors! Every time I read your blog title, I have to smile because the 007 theme song starts going through my head. (And by the way, I'm a fellow - now retired - homeschooling mom.) Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous quilt! The colors are beautiful, as is your amazing quilting!
    It shows the design off so well!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't that cute! Your quilting is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...