Friday, March 30, 2018

Red White and Blue Jelly Roll Waves

50 x 70

 I had a custom request for a red white and blue jelly roll wave quilt. This is Myra's pattern that you can find here.  But this was a special request because he wanted three things on the back of his quilt...a pixilated cross, a flag, and the come and get it symbol.




I had to do a little research on the Come and Get It symbol to see what it was. 

The Battle of Gonzales was the first military engagement of the Texas Revolution. It was fought near Gonzales, Texas, on October 2, 1835, between Texian settlers and a detachment of Mexican army soldiers.  You can read more about the story here, but it comes from the flag sewn from a woman's wedding dress that showed a lone star, an image of the cannon, and the words "Come and Take It."

Here's the back all finished with the three symbols that represent God, Country, and Guns.  The backgound on the front and the back as well as the binding is Kona Bone. 




6 comments:

  1. Another great rendition of Jelly Roll Waves! Looks like you nailed the backing request also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon!
    What a fabulous finish! I never heard of the come and get it symbols before. I love the wave in the wave quilt - it sure has great movement. I'll bet he was very pleased with the outcome! Thanks for sharing both links - I'll read more about the come and get it symbol history. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it!!My next one I want to do patriotic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful on both sides. You do a great job taking your customers' ideas and putting them into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I read your post because I was admiring the pattern and was so sure I had bought it from Myra and when I went to look in my pattern library it wasn't there. I almost purchased it but then remembered that I received it as a prize for participating in the Splash of Color QAL and never downloaded/printed it. And the story of the backing was equally interesting since we were in Texas this past January and visited the Alamo and had learned of the story about the cannon there. ( I swear we must have passed your house when we were driving through Oklahoma). You did another wonderful job for a customer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a speedy quilter. Congrats! on another finish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...