Thursday, August 16, 2018

Card Trick


Most of you know that I am a pattern tester for Myra. This is a quilt I made testing a pattern for her last year. This was the first version, but the borders got changed after I made it. Sometimes you have to make something to get your head around it and that was the case for me. I had only made this kind of border once before so I wanted to make sure the math was correct. And you can't make the borders without making the inside portion so I just made the whole quilt!


I found this beautiful blue and green fabric in my stash that looks great with the layer cake that I used. I picked this bright orange print to give the back some zip.


The pattern comes in a kit from Craftsy and you can find it here.


Linking with Busy Hands Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. What a bright and pretty quilt! Just wondering if you were able to die cut your square in the square blocks because they have to be pretty accurate for the border. I'm just not a big fan of pieced borders because my luck I would have to cut down my blocks and it would not look pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card trick block. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect backing to coordinate with a gorgeous front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt! I love seeing traditional blocks made up in a bright & fresh palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love the white background. I admit that pieced borders intimidate me, but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...