Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Rainbow Chain Quilt

 62" x 74"

I've finally finished this beautiful rainbow quilt! Yep, I'm pretty excited! Not only is she a rainbow, but I was able to use scraps for the entire top. Or I would have if I'd had enough of the background fabrics in my scrap bins. This is a free tutorial from Melissa.


The back is a white and gray cross hatch that I got at Joann's. I think that is one of my favorites that they carry. I probably need to go get a bolt of it to have on hand.


I was even brave enough to add some backgrounds with a bit of color. There's a light blue print up there in the oranges and cream prints with orange and pink down there in the blues. There is more than that in the quilt, those are just the ones you can see in theses pictures.


I would make another one of these if I could, but what's left in my scrap bins isn't so bright and pretty.  I'll need to do some thinking to see what can be made of those duller fabrics. It may come down to a simple 2 inch patchwork quilt. I just don't know.

I've got a pattern in the works...and I've even started cutting the fabrics! Well, I have two patterns. I just haven't picked any fabrics for the second one yet. One thing at a time is the theme for September!

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I was wondering if you were able to get in some sewing time! Always love a rainbow quilt. Great way to use up some scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...