Friday, February 14, 2020

Mini Picket Fence Table Runner



This table runner is purple and floral and ready for spring! It's a new pattern by Myra of Busy Hands Quilts called Mini Picket Fence. I whipped this one up pretty quickly with a charm pack and some Kona cotton.  


The quilting is a bunch of wavy lines. Most of them cross at several points along the path. I was trying to do something new with an organic feel but similar to the wavy lines that I use on the postcard quilt.  It does have good texture, but next time I want to try lines that are a bit straighter. Small projects are the perfect place to try something different than my standard meandering.

Myra has a bunch of new patterns in her shop. You can find them here.

3 comments:

  1. It’s a lovely runner and a good way to use up a charm pack. I like the quilting too, it’s very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Aww, no quilt holders were needed at all for this project, were they?!! I'll bet they are terribly disappointed. ;) I love the colors and fabrics you chose. They really remind me of Spring and for some reason that I can't explain, Easter. The wavy lines look great. I was just saying today that I love the look of wavy random lines but I cannot seem to actually SEW wavy RANDOM lines. Random gets me every time. I'll be Myra is tickled pink to see your version - it is lovely. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table runner! And the quilting turned out really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...