Monday, February 22, 2021

Snap Line Quilt


Oh the weather we've had this past week! It's starting to warm up and so I finally got outside to take some pictures of this quilt. This is my new pattern called Snap Line. I've been very scrap focused this year and was wanting to make something with them. I stumbled across this design by accident! I had made a mistake in my measurements on my first go through and so the block had to be modified. But I love this one so much better!


The wind was blowing outside yesterday, but we did finally get about freezing. The power and water has been out all over the place, but we were very bless to not lose ours. We are not prepared for this kind of below zero weather here where I live. 


Anyway, back to the pattern. This one uses what I call strings. I don't know if that is the proper term or not. If the scrap is smaller than 2.5" I put it in my "string" bin. Well, I had 2 large ones filled to the top. I had the kids iron them all for me last month - what a time saver! I pulled out anything bright and happy over 1.5" wide. This pattern uses strip piecing so each string needs to be at least 10" long. 


Because all the stores have been closed and I don't really want to buy anything anyway, I used a solid black on the back. But it was a bit too boring so I added a row of scraps, 4" long, to the back. Doesn't that look wonderful? And it used up some more scraps!


I looked over and saw the fence while we were out in the yard and thought why no grab a photo over there? I think it's my favorite of all the ones I took. 


Here are a few mockups that I came up with. I love the red binding on the first one. (I'm not usually a red ran.) And then there is the two colored one on the bottom. I have a version of this one almost finished. It's the one I messed up on so it's not exactly the same. 




 Have you been working through your endless pile of scraps this year? If not you need to! It's pretty much free fabric. So go grab your scraps and the Snap Line pattern and make one of these for yourself!


4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous pattern for using up string scraps! I love how different it looks in different color ways, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful new pattern, Shannon!! Who doesn't have a TON of fabric scraps to use up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really distinctive quilt pattern. It's a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, great way to tame those scraps!
    Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...