Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Captain's Log


This is a new pattern called Captain's Log. The design can be changed just by using different fabrics in different places. I had a lot of fun playing around with it. I used 3 prints in this version, but you can also just use 1 or 2 (see ideas below). 

I chose the backing fabric before I picked the front fabrics. It is such a pretty print I've had in my stash for a while. So nice to use what I have this year.


 I had a hard time choosing which one of these to make. I really loved this Christmas version, but I didn't have the fabric for it. Red and aqua are my Christmas colors this year. 



This baby boy version is so cute. It would also look good in some soft pinks with gray for a little girl too. Or maybe in some more modern colors. 


This is a 2 fabric version with a background (instead of 3 fabrics). I love the dark background with the teals. Such a striking quilt.


This one is also a two fabric version. I would have made this one, but I thought I should do the three fabric version for the cover quilt. 


Just for fun, I did this wintery version with one fabric and a background. The white is the fabric and the blue is the background. This would look great all winter, not just for Christmas!


Which one do you like best? Captain's Log is available in my shop here

2 comments:

  1. I like all your versions - that two color one makes it look like a complete different pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re on a roll! I love this one, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...