Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Country Roads



I am still working through that fabric in my stash that I don't really care for.  This blue fabric is one of those!  And just like the one from last month, I am surprised that I really like this quilt!  



This pattern was modified from the Quilter's Cache pattern called Country Roads.  I just took the inside 12 blocks and added a border.  The blocks finish at 12 inches and the sashing finishes at 2.
This is a great pattern if you only have 3 fabrics.


I used the rest of the fabric to make the back and gave it a quick meander to finish the quilt.


If I had my choice I would have used the blue fabric for the binding, but I didn't have enough.  It looked totally different before I added this black binding to it.  But is is growing on me. 


Did you notice the extra foot down there?  :)


linking with Freemotion by the River and

Sew Fresh Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Another great quilt Shannon! I am going to have to make one. I actually really like the black binding. I was going to ask you which of your children has 3 feet. I am going to have to start using the excess fabric for pieced backs and then maybe I won't have so many scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, even if you didn't like the fabric initially. I like the black binding too. Really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I also love making useful and pretty quilts out of unloved fabric. This one turned out great! I love the back as much as the front. And while I like bindings that blend, I also like bindings that give a nice frame. I really like the dark binding on this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...