Friday, June 23, 2017

Down the River Disappearing 4 Patch

 55 x 66

The disappearing 4 patch pattern was very fitting for this quilt. The focus fabric only has a few shades of blue in it and was really hard to match to the blues in my stash. I found a large piece of the moda marble in this dark blue shade that went well. I don't have too many 2 fabric go to patterns, but I have used the D4P before with great success.


I didn't worry about fussy cutting since there are so many different squares and I knew they were going to get cut up anyway. Here's a peek at a boat and the docks.


And here is a good shot of one of the lighthouses and another boat. I love the blue shades of the fabric, so much like a cloudy day on the river.


I thought the double strip on the back kind of mimics the pattern on the front.

Linking with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

5 comments:

  1. What a great use of the disappearing 4 patch! I can see how fussy cutting would have been too much work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    This pattern has been on my short list for ages, and your quilt reminds me why! I love love this. The colors are PERFECT. What a beautiful job you did. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! Blue is my fave colour but that is only one reason; I like the way the fabric design is mixed up so it is interesting to look at. I must have a go at this with one or two of my 'saving-it-for-something-cool' prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this pattern looks in just two fabrics. The blues look great together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...