Tuesday, September 14, 2021

A Modern Style Quilt with an Old Fashioned Vibe



60" x 72"

I sold a bunch of my fabrics about a year and a half ago. And by bunch, I mean yards and yards and yards of it. Don't worry...I still have a bunch! I wasn't asking that much per yard so I decided to keep these half square triangle pieces I had already cut with my accuquilt cutter because I knew that I could make them into a quilt. I just needed a pattern that would make use of them. 

The only backing fabric print that I had that matched was this marbled blue one because I sold all the old fashioned, floral prints. They are just not my style. I do love this dark/light pattern though as it seems to have taken these old fashioned prints and added a modern flare to it. Maybe just a little, enough for my liking. 


And it feels good to make another quilt with fabric that I had on hand. Things are looking cleaned up and organized around the sewing room. What shall I work on next? I have a small wall hanging that is calling my name.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...