Monday, May 9, 2022

Scrappy Queen Quilt



100" x 100"

My scraps have been busting at the seams waiting for me to do something with them. I have been using up the bright fabrics this year in several scrappy quilts (one more is almost finished). But I don't tend to use the brown ones and the duller fabrics so I set out to intentionally use those fabrics. I picked this pattern because it used a ton of pieces. I started to make a throw size quilt, but found that I had enough to make a queen so who not make a big one? 


The solid is Kona Windsor. I even found it in a wide back so I wouldn't have to piece it together.  I had thought about using black or gray, but neither one seemed to go with the color in the fabrics. 


The sun doesn't ever seem to hit my house at the right angle to get a nice bright photo indoors, but I tried anyway. I think it would look good with some navy shams and a different headboard. Back to work, got lots to do!

1 comment:

  1. Are those all 2.5" squares? Nice way to use those scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...