Friday, July 8, 2016

Bugs, Turtles, and Frogs - Two Baby Boy Quilts

40.5 x 45 

These quilts are made from a Moda Meadow Friends Layer Cake.  I started using all the colors in the layer cake but it just wasn't working.  I took out the yellow (and didn't use it at all) then I took out the orange.  Ahh, that's better!  I added in a few blue, brown, and greens from my scrap bin to finish it up.


Then I took the brown camo and the left over browns and put it with the orange and green prints to make another quilt. I had to do some swapping between the quilts to get the layout to look good, but I found enough scraps to make both of these baby quilts from one layer cake. And that's a good thing!


I think they'd be perfect for a set of baby boy twins!  You can find these quilts in my shop.

Linking with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIFF

2 comments:

  1. Great work with the layer cake! They turned out just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts turned out so cute! Awesome that they both came from one layer cake. Thanks for sharing and linking up with last week's TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...