Friday, October 21, 2016

Modern Baby Quilt in Solids


You probably know that I have been working on yellow and gray quilts for that last month, but this was the first one that started it all.  It's made from Kona Cotton.  I used Citurs, Shadow, Medium Gray, Pepper, and White.  I am really loving the Pepper instead of the Black. I used the Accuquilt again to cut the HSTs.


I quilted it with straight lines on my longarm using a ruler.  Yes, I could have quilted it so much faster with a meander, but this quilt seemed too modern for meandering.  It was begging for straight lines.  I tried to ignore it, but it won the battle!


I found this cute gray and yellow print for the back.  The binding is the Medium Gray. So you'll be glad to know the last gray and yellow is ready to be quilted, so this obsession is almost over! Thanks for putting up with me!

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts 

15 comments:

  1. That turned out lovely! This is my first time to your blog. I'm a Jesus loving, homeschooling, quilting mom too. :) It's nice to see a fellow spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect! You included just the right amount of yellow. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love it when the quilt tells you what it wants. Looks like it was right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, it's great !!! Your job, as always, great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, and you chose the perfect backing. You are right in your choice of quilting, it works much better than a meander.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great visual balance between all the fabrics, nice work, love this combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks so striking in solids. I love how it turned out with the straight line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks amazing - I love the colour combination, it really makes the yellow pop but yet has depth in the darks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!! You have a lot of variety of quilts now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely modern baby quilt - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is the size of the blocks?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...