Sunday, October 2, 2016

Yellow and Gray Bricks and a Stash Report

First off, I want to thank everyone who voted for my Rainbow Bargello quilt.  It won the viewer's choice award of the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I was so excited to win! Thank you!

50 x 60 

I have spent the last 4 weeks teaching a friend to quilt.  She chose this easy brick pattern in a gray and yellow.  I thought it would nice to make a quilt in the same colors.  Her colors were a lot brighter than mine, which is what I would usually pick.  But I had these softer, more muted colors in my stash.


I did throw in a couple darker valued fabrics from the baby quilts I have been working on this month. But for the back I used all the softer colored fabrics.


And while I don't usually like a scrappy binding, it works with this quilt. I think that is because it blends in and doesn't stand out.  I'm loving this quilt.  Easy quilts can be nice too.  This one is for sale in my Etsy shop.



September Stash Report

I've been a good girl this month!  And finally I've made a dent in my stash. And it seems the crazy, busy sewing days of the summer are finally over.  I'm glad.  That was a lot of quilting.  A girl has other things to do besides quilt, don't you think?

Sep in:               4.25
Sept out:          55.75

YTD in:         397.00
YTD out:       510.25
YTD change: 113.25


Linking with: Busy Hands Quilts



3 comments:

  1. Please share - what is there to do besides quilt? Your quilt is lovely, and how nice to share your quilting skills with another! Someday we'll quilt together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Bargello win:-) I love your gray/yellow quilt. I want to find time someday to work on my gray yellow stash too! Somebody please invent a pill to make more hours in our days and of course it has to have energy built in also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet finish. And wow! Those numbers are impressive. I haven't used nearly as much fabric this year. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...