Friday, October 28, 2016

Castle Dreams

 52.5 x 68

This is new pattern from Myra at Busy Hands Quilts called Castle Dreams.  This lap quilt was one of the fastest I have ever pieced!  It uses a layer cake and 3 more fabrics to create this stunning design. I actually used a fat quarter bundle of The Water's Edge by Moda on mine and plan on using the rest of it for another quilt.


I wanted a softer look from my quilting this time so I choose to do loopy freehand meandering in a white thread. I used some leftover fabric for the back in the strip.  The photo looks weird for some reason, but it is just as soft looking as the front.


You can find Myra's new pattern in her Craftsy shop here.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love how the frames are a little more vibrant than the big squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nicely done! I love how pre-cuts save so much time and it is great when you find a pattern that is quick to put together - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so pretty, The little squares remind me of running stitch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...