Saturday, April 21, 2012

Magnetic Menu Planner

I saw this awesome menu board planner on this website and had to make one for myself.   If I don't have my dinner plans wrote down and planned out, I tend not to put too much effort into dinner.  With 7 kids that means we eat pancakes, tacos, or something super simple.  That gets old real quick!  Anyway, I have been typing our menu on a Word calendar lately, but this board is reusable and is so much nicer.


I transfered the pdf file to photoshop, resized them (because they were smaller that what I needed), changed the words for the categories and printed my meals.  I only used 3 pages of magnetic sheets even though I doubled a lot of our meals because we eat them 2 times a month.  While I was at it, I thought I should get some new binders for our recipes.  Here's the before:


And here they are now.  I modified the labels in the files from Megan since we don't eat seafood or vegetarian dinners.  The project took me a couple hours, but I already had my dinner items on a list.


If you want to make one for yourself, just visit "the homes I have made" blog to find all the directions!

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to make one of these also. May I ask what size dry erase calendar board did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a 16 x 20 and you can find it here: http://www.target.com/p/boarddudes-magnetic-dry-erase-calendar-16x20/-/A-13617730#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...