Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Throw Quilt

I hope you have been enjoying the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  If you don't know what that is or you haven't entered your quilt yet, you can go HERE to find out!  There are many beautiful quilts to be seen.


 My entry is this pretty quilt that I made for our church's quilt minsitry.  We give quilts to people who are hurting or who need a special hug.  This particular quilt was a work of love for me.  I don't usually custom quilt our quilts, mainly because of how much time it takes.  But this one seemed to need something different!  Half way through I remembered why I don't like to custom quilt!!!  I think I need to post that by my machine...remember why!

The red rectangles have a diamond pattern in them with e's and l's surrounding.

Each large print has an encouraging word quilted in it.  The one above says faith.  I aslo used joy, peace, hope, and comfort.  I hope that whoever receives this quilt will be comforted by these words, knowing that the Father loves them so much.  The back shows all the detail of the quilting.
 

One more picture that shows that the blue quilting lines are supposed to look like they run through the quilt.


Finished Size:  49 x 58
Quilted by:  Me

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day!


Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I hope whoever receives it is much comforted by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt! I'm sure whoever receives it will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...