Friday, October 2, 2015

Scrappy Patches Quilt Pattern - 2 Ways!


Here's a new pattern from Myra of Busy Hands Quilts!  You can find this Scrappy Patches Quilt pattern at Craftsy or Etsy. The good news is that you get 2 patterns with this one.  One for a scrappy version (see the next picture) and one like the bright colored one with all the blocks the same (later in this post). 

48 x 60

 So first up is the scrappy version.  I made mine from 2.5 inch strips that I have been keeping in my scrap bins.  I've been wanting to make a more masculine quilt for a while now so I pulled out some blue, green and warm brown colors.  Love that I can use up scraps for this quilt!  And since the strips were already cut, it went really fast.  You could also use a jelly roll and it would be just as scrappy.

I used leftover pieces on the back from the blocks to give it some interest.  Looks like a road!



Version 2 is made from just one block with 12 different fabrics.  Same block as the scrappy but with a totally different look.  Awesome! This pattern is quick and easy!

48 x 60


I used the leftovers on the back of this one too.  I just took out all the blue squares since I was using that for my main piece.  Had to do a little seam ripping to get there, but i just love it.  



Myra has this Scrappy Patches Pattern for an introductory price through October 15th!  Have a great weekend everyone!


7 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I can't decide which one I like best. Love the backs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your quilts on her blog. I really like the one in earth tones, but I love the bright backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. Very neat. It is a welcome change of pace while still using scraps/stash fabric!!!
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brown/blue one is so nice! Well done.
    Greetings from Germany!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilts and how different they are from the same pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scrappy one is my favorite. Thanks for the link - great pattern for new quilts and those of us who have a ton of scraps....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Shannon. It's amazing how colors can change the whole look of a pattern. Lovely job and lovely quilting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...