42 x 42
This baby quilt was made from some leftover charm squares my friend sent me a while ago. I added in a couple more prints from my scrap bin to finish it out.
My handsome helper said his arms were getting tired during our photo shoot. I think he just wanted to be seen in the photo!
I had some thread issues on the back of the quilt. Three knots and only 3 knots. One of my facebook groups suggested changing the check spring. I guess you're supposed to do that every year and I have never changed it. So I changed it yesterday and worked on the tension while I was practicing these swirl feathers Vicki likes to do. I still got a knot, but it was towards the top when I might have been adjusting the tension still. So I need to do another practice piece before loading a quilt.
This is actually my second piece. The first piece was a farming chicken fabric and you can't see the quilting in the pictures. I did better on the first one than this one. Although it doesn't look too bad. It is a fast freehand pattern, so I want to get better at it.
Linking with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.