Another memory quilt is finished and this time it is made from hunting and fishing shirts. I added in two pairs of jeans to this one because the color and texture went so well with this quilt. Surprisingly, I didn't have any trouble quilting the jeans. They do make those spots a little stiffer than the rest of the quilt.
I love how you can add almost anything to a memory quilt. This time I added two pockets that I carefully measured and cut to fit into the block.
I cut stuff off sleeves and saved little areas of logos to use for the small pieces. And when I didn't have enough I just used a blank piece of the shirt to finish filling in the pieces. I searched a long time to find a camo print that I liked. Finally found this one with the trees and leaves.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern: My design
Size: 59 x 74
Batting: Hobbs 80/20
Quilting: Medium/Large meander in a tan thread
I really like your layout on this one. It is a great memory quilt.
ReplyDeleteThis is nice. good job
ReplyDeleteVery nicely done!
ReplyDeleteGreat layout and great imagination for this great guy memory quilt.
ReplyDeleteI always look forward to your perspective on these topics.
ReplyDelete