Thursday, February 7, 2019

Play Date - A New Pattern

58" x 67"

This pattern has been sitting waiting for me to write it for quite a while. It's called Play Date and it's one of my favorites! I was procrastinating because I did't know how I was going to write a pattern using a new tool I purchased. But pulled up to the computer and finally got to work! 

It comes in 2 sizes, baby and lap/throw. I made the lap size. Can you see the secondary pattern that looks like a sun? And of course there are the separated arrows that are just so fun! 


To make this quilt, you will need the Tri Recs Ruler set.  I bet most of  you already own this ruler. I'm always a little late to the party! While in the process of writing the pattern and learning how to use the tool, I found that this tool isn't scary at all to use. There are tons of tutorials online on how to use it. You just have to remember to cut the little tiny corner off, but I put this reminder in the directions so you won't forget. And it makes more than just the Triangle in a Square block. I am excited to try the Recs too to make Half Rectangle Triangles next.


Here is a lap size mock up in Hazel and Plum...


 And a baby size mock up in Lollipop Garden...


Play Date is for sale here and if you make it I would love to see it!

Linking with My Quilt Infatuation, Busy Hands Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Cute pattern and I even have the Tri Recs ruler set. I am terrible about seeing secondary patterns, even when I know exactly what I'm looking for. This looks like a fun quilt, and your holder is doing a fabulous job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable quilt and design. It would be a perfect baby quilt gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I could only see the secondary pattern in the mock ups. What a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great design. I love that the whole quilt isn’t just triangles. It would be fun to see it made in some sunny colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...