Friday, May 17, 2019

Wedding Quilt

60" x 72" 

Seems my friends prefer neutrals for their wedding gifts. This one is a mix of gray, taupe, and cream in various values.  I didn't get a count of the number of fabrics in this quilt, but there has got to be at least 30. The quilt is made from 2.5" strips and just one block. It looks amazing!


Most of the gray prints came from a fat quarter bundle of Compositions. I was surprised how many taupe fabrics I had in my stash. I didn't have to buy anything except the back. I backed it with a taupe colored minky fabric so it is super soft and heavy.  My son said it was luxurious! What an awesome compliment.

Linking with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! What a fabulous wedding gift. All of those fabrics are so . . . luxurious to borrow a phrase from a wise young man. Ooh, think of how happy they'll be snuggling under this quilt with all the love you stitched into it. It's generous enough for two which is just perfect. Great job quilt holder!! Enjoy your weekend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are gorgeous! I love the texture. Hope it is loved for years and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something to be said about neutral quilts-they go with everything! Nice work as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...