Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Kookie Kisses Pattern Release

This fun quilt was inspired by my youngest child. She has been wanting a quilt for her bed and I had her pick out her favorite colors from the Kona cotton swatch board I have. She loves the turquoise and the bright pink the best. After we widdled down her pile, this is what we came up with - medium and dark shades of pink, green, turquoise, and purple. It is such a fun color combination! An so here is Kookie Kisses, a pattern named for all the hugs and kisses my daughter loves to share with everyone!


This is a throw size made using 2.5" strips. The pattern also has directions for using fat quarters so you can pretty much use any fabric that you want.  It comes in three sizes - throw, twin, and queen. I bet you're wondering why I didn't make a twin for Emma....well, let me just say she pulled a fast one on me as I was playing around with some color designs. She has picked a two color quilt in this pattern which will be coming soon. Such a sinker!

You know that back has to be blue because it's my favorite color. But it needed a little jazzing up so I tried out several of the fabrics and the purple just spoke to me. It's the perfect addition to the quilt!

Speaking of purple, here is what Kookie Kisses looks like in all purple fabrics. This would be a fun one for a purple lover. It would also be cute in all pinks!  
 


As I was playing, I also tried a black background. Oohhh, I love this one too! I hope you see one you like as well. Maybe you have a color combination that you love to use...what would it be?


If you'd like to make Kookie Kisses for your special someone you can find the pattern in my shop. I have the PDF  and Printed versions available. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon, talk about someone being a stinker; you’ve again designed a pattern perfect for my stash of 30 reproduction prints. I ordered the pattern and definitely a 2021 project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...