Friday, January 1, 2021

Emma Dilemma - Problem Solved!



There is one happy 7 year old in my house! Her quilt is done and she has been snuggling under it since Christmas. We used her two favorite colors and she couldn't be more excited. The great thing I used the same pink fabric in her sister's quilt several years ago. That quilt is purple and pink. When we redo their room we can do pink purple and turquoise. Any way, I'm getting distracted!


My new pattern is aptly named Emma Dilemma and it comes in three sizes - throw, twin, and queen. Emma's quilt is a twin size and I love that it has plenty of drop on it. The pattern has lots of strip piecing included to make this quilt a quicky! I had Emma's top done in a day. 


The blocks are made differently than the ones found in Kookie Kisses, and it's set differently on the top and bottom. The X's form a border all the way around on Emma Dilemma.  They are both great patterns, just depends on whether you want to use two fabrics or a whole bunch of fabrics.  

Here are some ideas for changing background fabric. This one has a navy background.


This one also has a navy background, but I switched the white and teal. 
 

And then there is always using no white at all.



I love to play around with the different options. What would you use to make this quilt? Do you like 2 fabrics with a neutral, or 3 fabrics? Please share your ideas with me!  

Are you starting off the new year quilting? I am! I plan on spending the weekend working in my sewing room. It's all clean and ready to go. I hope you are getting to do something fun as well. Stop by my pattern shop if you're needing something new to work on!


1 comment:

  1. Love our new pattern. There really are so many color combinations you can make.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...