Thursday, March 11, 2021

Blue and Green Scrap Quilt

I've gone and done it....yep, I finally made myself a quilt! And boy is she a beauty! I dug through every scrap bin and left over block bin that I could find in my sewing room and pulled out these blue, green, and gray fabrics. The top picture is actually upside down. I started with the olive green block in the bottom right with the square in a square block inside it. Then I made a medium blue block and a navy block and a gray blue block.  I then decided to spread out the square in a square blocks around the quilt so I put those up on the design wall and designed around them.

I added the gray pieced because I felt like the quilt needed a spot to rest your eyes. And I wanted to use the gray and white square in a square. I then realized that the blocks around it couldn't' be just one color. It looked to blocky with those straight lines. So I let the colors flow into the next block. I placed the white with green fabrics and the lighter blue fabrics next to the gray to blend the sections. Piecing got real slow at that point, because I was designing every thing on the design wall one piece of fabric at a time.

The colors are truest in the ones on the cement in full sun, but I wanted a full face shot too. For some reason the lighting was just not working and I couldn't even edit it to get the colors that I wanted. But here she is so you can see the actual layout of it. The pictures don't do it justice - it's gorgeous with all those blues and greens!


 And she's all mine! Linking with My Quilt Infatuation

8 comments:

  1. Such a clever and stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt! So interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! A very traditional block-but not traditional at all. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to use all your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very handsome. Love how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your lovely new quilt, Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're keeping this beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing. I love it. 💙💚🤍

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...