Friday, February 15, 2013

Pixilated Horse Quilt Finished!


Here is the finished quilt that I started in November.  I love the look of the 5 differet cream fabrics that my son choose.  The horse turned out great too, except if I were to do it again I would choose some brown grays for his nose.  The grays stand out too much especially when you are closer to the quilt.  

I mapped out the whole picture, counting square and cutting as big a strip as I could so there would be less sewing.  The strips go up and down, but you could go sideways if you wanted.  


Used the leftovers on the back, except for the top strip.  I was running a little short!  I used brown thread to quilt the horse and cream for the rest.  I also outlined the horse, which I would not do again.  It doesn't add anything to the front and it is visible on the top strip on the back.    I will definetly make another pixilated quilt again, perhaps somethinig else next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...