Sunday, March 31, 2013

Slashed Squares

This is a full sized quilt made of blue, gray and yellow.  It started out to be a lap quilt.  No shashing, and just a paisley border that matched one of the prints.  Well, it just didn't look right.  Added some sashing and now we're getting somewhere!  The leftovers were cut to make the border.  Then I talked my daughter (who was the only one not to have a quilt on her bed) into taking this one.  I made 8 more blocks, while she seam ripped 2 of the sides.  Then we put it all back together.  


My daughter gets cold at night so I used 2 layers of batting.  Being my first attempt at this, I wasn't sure if it would roll straight  and stay flat on the machine.  It went well, and she is now nice and cozy!    If you look closely you can see 4 of my family members somehow managed to get in my photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...