Friday, October 26, 2018

Pumpkin Quilt

56" x 70" 

I've finished this pumpkin quilt just time for November! Yes, I realize that fall was also in October, but it really has only been cold enough to use quilts for a day or two. I'm on the fence if I want to keep it. I really like this quilt, but we just rearranged the living room and added a couch. The two jean quilts are sitting on my sectional and I am loving them!


Aside from the background fabric and binding, this quilt top was made entirely from my scrap bins. I had a ton of orange 2.5" squares and was able to dig up enough green, brown and gray between the 2.5" squares, 5" squares, and the 2.5" strips.


I purchase some orange minky for the back since I was initially making this for me. It's wonderfully warm and soft. Too bad I don't live up north were I could use it longer.


It's been so rainy and cloudy here, I decided it was so nice out this morning with the sun coming up we should go out and take a picture in it. So here's the full sun shot for you!

Linking with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! It's a fun fall quilt and I love that you used brighter greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be one of my favorites of all your quilts! It's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the color placements of the scraps. This quilt makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun and cute quilt. Love all the colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon! I don't believe you are really all THAT sorry you can't use this quilt for long lengths of time. It sure is a fabulous finish, and your quilt holders are doing their usual great job. ~smile~ It is amazing to me that you had that many oranges in your scraps!! I just made one pumpkin block where I need about twenty 2.5" squares and had to really dig - it turns out we don't use orange all that often. I can only imagine how snuggly it is with minky on the back. It probably would decorate that new couch very nicely for November and Thanksgiving! Happy Saturday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful, glad to see you are sewing again!! Well if you came up to see me you could bring it along, I am sure my weather is cool enough for you to use it, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a fun pattern! I love all the squares in all the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic quilt! I love the design and the color placement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...