Friday, November 30, 2018

Home Awaits

45" x 58" 

Here's a new pattern from Busy Hands Quilts. It's called Home Awaits. I chose to make the small lap size and used a layer cake called Sakura from Craftsy that I bought several years ago.  Funny how those precuts like to sit on my shelf for so long!


I found a textured black print to use for the back and binding. Looks great with those black prints on the quilt.  This is a fun pattern that came together quickly. I love that I only needed a layer cake. Who doesn't have one of those laying around?  The pattern actually comes in 6 sizes and I think it would look great in a bed size.


You can purchase Myra's pattern in her shop here. I noticed that she has the pattern on sale! Be sure to visit her blog Busy Hands Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! This is really a striking quilt, and how nice that it uses a layer cake. I do have a few of them lying around . . . That black backing is so sharp, and that binding really frames the quilt so nicely. Beautiful! Happy Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lap size version. You are not the only one with precuts languishing on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...