Friday, April 5, 2019

Colorwash Quilt

72" x 72"

I took a break from some planned quilting projects to make this beautiful rainbow quilt. Rainbow quilts help keep the mojo flowing and are a necessity every now and then! This one has 28 different prints in it. I had so much fun going through my fabric bins looking for just the right colors.


I tried out a few different prints for the back, but this black and white weave was the best I had to choose from. I also tried it for the binding, but it didn't seem to work. So the choices were either black or white. Black seemed to take over the quilt and the white gave it a soft spring look.


It is so lovely that I have plans on making another one. I have lots of plans! But this pile is still sitting out so I may actually get to it soon!

Linking with Busy Hands Quilts, and My Quilt Infatuation, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

5 comments:

  1. Love this quilt! I agree it must have been so fun to pick out the colors - it's one of my favorite steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is sensational! I love the color scheme! I think you made the right choice for the binding, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and pretty! And with all your beautiful stash I am sure it wasn't hard to pick out just the right fabrics;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...