Saturday, April 11, 2020

Heart Quilt

37" x 45"

I made this heart quilt for an art show we had at church for Easter. The show was called The Body and the Blood and our art piece was supposed to represent that somehow. I choose this pattern called Have a Heart by Michelle Watts because it was perfect for the body and the blood. The background is "broken" into many pieces and the heart is red for the "blood". He paid the greatest price for us!


I wanted the background to be different than the heart, but I don't have much in my quilting repertoire. So I did a straight line through each line of background fabric and then switched to a loop d loop in the heart.  It worked out great and you can even see it on the back of the quilt.


I had prewashed the red strips of fabric in the sink, but it still had quite a bit of dye in it. Red fabric...I just don't like working with you. But I do like this quilt! Hope you guys have a fabulous Easter and celebrated our risen Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Hello. How can I purchase this pattern? Such a lovely quilt. Powerful! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. How can I purchase this pattern? Such a lovely quilt. Powerful! Thank you. Susanne grammy4kaia@me.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...