Thursday, July 23, 2020

A Rainbow Scrappy Baby Quilt

38" x 38"

This is the third quilt in my Summer of Scraps Series. It was inspired by this quilt called Potluck. I used 2.5" squares instead of the 3.5" she used in her to make mine a baby size quilt. I went through my scraps and found that I had a pink, orange, and aqua fabric that was left over from a quilt. I had cut the leftovers into 2.5" squares because I didn't like the fabric and as you may know if you cut any fabric small enough it can become lovely.


I also found some striped squares that had similar colors on it so those two fabrics became the color scheme for the quilt. It is such a fun color scheme! Reminds me of fruit salad or the beach for some reason. Maybe because it's so hot here!


Sticking with the "use what you got" theme this summer, the only fabric I could find that looked good, was this aqua cross hatch. Not that I am complaining because I think it looks great. I tried all sorts of colors for the binding, but in the end nothing looked as nice as this dark aqua and it was in my 2.5" strip bin. So it was a bonus use of scraps. 

It's been so fun using my scraps this summer and I don't see an end to them yet (maybe they are multiplying when I'm out of the room). I've got four more quilts in some stage of progress. So until next time - here's to using those scraps!


2 comments:

  1. I think it is adorable! What a great use of scraps. Did you lay the whole thing out before piecing it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...