Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Another scrappy quilt...


It's still summer right? I'm still working on scrap quilts and it's still hot here in Oklahoma so I'm going to call it summer! For this scrappy quilt, I've gathered scraps in black, pink, orange, lime green, and turquoise. My inspiration for the fabrics came from one of the black prints that has those colors in it.


This one block quilt is made from 8" squares rotated to make the design. It would look great in any color scheme you can come up with but using a print with multiple colors like I did is the easiest way to get started. I even added in some black with gold prints because I was a bit short on the colorful ones. It doesn't even look like I used scraps unless you start counting how many different prints are in this quilt.


The back and binding are a cross hatch print from connecting threads. You could add more scraps to the back to liven it up if you had enough to do it. I was running short so I chose the easy route.

 

I have at least one more scrap quilt to finish up for the summer and then I will have to decide if I want to keep going or do something else. I didn't quite get through all the quilts and styles I had on my list. But it  may just be time for something new!

5 comments:

  1. Another clever scrap quilt. You should perhaps do something new to generate more scraps, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun pattern!!! I like all the bright colors you have used in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Shannon! You are really blasting through those scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and will also be going on my bucket list. Scrap quilts are really calling to me lately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...