It's finally done! The entire inside of the quilt came from the little triangles that were left from the purple flying geese quilt that I blogged about here. I found them in the bottom of the bag when I bought the pieces for the quilt from an estate sale.
I tried 3 patterns with my little 2.5 in blocks:
The bottom one was the winner with all the kids. I agreed.
Then I put up the top one. I was surprised that everyone liked it better. I really like the zigzag, but I think it would look better with bigger blocks. So I went with the majority and got this:
I really wanted to quilt something continuous in the white and colored areas, but nothing came to me. So I picked this rainbow fan panto that I had yet to try.
The pattern is okay, not my favorite. But I mostly don't like the poly batting I used because it makes it look so puffy. Hate that stuff. I have enough of that stuff left for 3 more quilts. Agh! I will be glad when it is gone. Guess I should stick to meandering when I use that batting.
Overall, a cute little lap quilt for the ministry. And the price was just right! 2 yards of fabric from my stash for the border, back and binding. Keep your scraps, don't throw them away!
Linking up with: