Monday, August 25, 2014

Winter in the Woods Patchwork Leftover Quilt


Haven't been sewing much because...well let's just say that I've been busy with stuff that I'm sure you don't care much to hear about.  But I did manage to sew the leftover squares from this quilt together to make a nice lap quilt.

Because it was small, I decided to try some new quilting.  Wavy lines running from top to bottom.  Except I quilted them side to side!  It gives the quilt great texture. My only problem was knowing when to stop!  I did have to go back to the top and add some more lines because the quilting had gotten denser as I went down the quilt.  But that is an easy thing to do on a longarm.


Been cleaning out the sewing closet and trying to get my room cleaned up and more organized.  I really want to get to cutting up my scraps.  Before I do that I have one more t-shirt quilt to make and another leftover quilt to finish.  And when you clean out your supply closet, you always find another 5 projects you want to work on, so those are on the list too.  Never enough sewing time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon - love the quilting you did on this quilt. I will have to give it a try.
    Great use of leftover bits from another quilt.
    What size do you cut your scraps into?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...