Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Two Favorite Quilting Tools

I was cutting my scraps the other day and got to thinking about how much I love this ruler.  So I thought I would share my 2 favorite tools with you today!

#1 Favorite Tool:  Shape Cut Pro

This ruler tool cuts 8 - 2.5 inch or 4 - 5 inch strips very quickly!  No moving your ruler, just lay the shape cut pro on top of your fabric, aline the top fold and cut, cut, cut!  This is great for cutting binding strips.  You can also use it for cutting squares but cutting your strips, rotating the ruler 90 degrees, then cut again.


 Here I am using it to cut my 2.5 inch strip pieces into squares.


Then I put all the pieces smaller than 2.5 in this bucket for Josie to play with.



 #2 Favorite Tool:  Simplicity Bias Tape Maker

You might guess that this tool irons 2.5 inch strips into binding for you!  How can you not love that?  Ironing is my least favorite part of quilting and this tool helps with that.  All you have to do is sew your binding strips together on an angle, load onto the roller and feed through the metal tip.  The 2.5 inch single fold tip is not included with the machine.







  Perfectly folded binding every time!  What are your favorite time saving quilting tools?



2 comments:

  1. Shannon - thanks for sharing these quilting tools. Not sure what my favorite tool is - I do like my rotating cutting mat, when I remember to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Shape Cut and never use it. I'll have to pull it out and give it a whirl again! Thanks for the prompting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...