Thursday, November 16, 2017

Birthday Quilt

54 x 63

My daughter wanted to make a friend of hers a quilt for her birthday last week, but she hasn't sewn in a while so I wanted something easy. I had 4 charm packs of something I don't recall and suggested she use it since it was already cut for her. I helped her pick a few more prints to add to the mix and she laid out this patchwork quilt.


She chose this black print from Hobby Lobby for the back.  I love it too. And it's perfect for her friend. The only thing I did for her beside coach her was to quilt it. She did all the sewing and the binding. Maybe she will start quilting with me more often!


Quilts make the perfect gift!  Hope you are getting all your holiday sewing done.  I've got a few more custom orders before I'm caught up. Then I'll get back to sewing the stash!

4 comments:

  1. I love the color combo in this quilt. She did a great job! Hopefully she continues to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did an amazing job. What a lucky friend. I think I need to look at fabric at Hobby Lobby sometime. I love the backing she picked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun for you and your daughter to work together on it. I hope she continues on-she certainly has you for inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this quilt. How lucky you are to have a daughter to quilt with and to share fabric. I love one patch quilts, it's a great pattern to use lots of different prints and a great stash buster. I wonder if Hobby Lobby still has the backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...