Thursday, June 25, 2020

Summer of Scraps - Controlled Scrappy




Part 2 - is all about the Controlled Scrappy Quilt. It is one with just a few colors and has some sense of order or symmetry made with a background fabric.

First quilt up in the Controlled Scrappy category is this beautiful quilt I just finished. The pattern is Floor Plan by Kristi Daum. I chose this one because the background give it great structure and I new it would look good in just 3 colors. It uses 2.5" squares and strips so I knew I would have enough scraps to get it finished.

58" x 74"

Bonus for this quilt - The whole top is pieced with scraps from by bin of Kona Snow. I was able to use most of the larger pieces and strips that were needing to be cut.  Now I just have to cut the rest of the snow into 2.5" squares.


Here are a few more controlled scrappy quilts I have made in the past. They each have a background fabric or borders that give them some sense of order. And they each have 3 or 4 colors of fabrics. 


Scrappy Patchwork (5" squares)

Black and Yellow Scraps (2.5" and 4.5" squares)


Scrappy 16 Patch (2.5" squares)

My Lucky Square (2.5" squares)

You can head on over to my scrappy pinterest board for even more great inspiration. What kind of scrappy quilt are you making this summer? 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have such a great eye for matching colors. Each scrappy quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful i love the colors!!!Kisses from Greece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts, all of them! But the first one really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrap quilts are so pretty they almost don't look like scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...