Friday, June 28, 2013

Designing A Modern Quit

Wow, have I been busy cutting today!  Both the top and the bottom of this 2 sided quilt have been cut! 21 yards of fabric.  Whew! Here's the design plan I came up with.  It was inspired by the black and gray quilt on this post.  This quilt is for my room which is painted  a dark chocolate brown.  I say it looks like hershey bars on the walls!  This quilt should liven it up a bit.



This is the front fabrics ready to be  laid out. I finished that too today, but since it was laid out one row at a time and piled up, I didn't take a picture.



Pattern for the back.  I wanted a 2 sided quilt, but something my husband would like.  Stripes are a nice fit.


Backing fabric ready to be sewed in sets of 3 WOF wide!  I haven't decided on the quilting yet.  I really like the different types of quilting on the inspiration quilt, but I am not sure how that would look on the back. I wanted to quilt each color in it's own thread, but that might really mess up the back.  Any suggestions?

Linking up with Sarah:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...