Saturday, May 7, 2016

Autumn Stripes

49.5 x 64

I bought this pile of fabric from Myra's Yard Sale Saturday on Etsy.  It's about 6 to 7 yards of fabric.  I used all of it in this autumn quilt. Most of it was already cut into 2 inch strips cut in half, so I had to come up with a design for that size.  I cut off some of the brown floral off the large piece to break up the strips.

Fabric Destash, Clearance Sale, Yard Sale, Fabric Bundle,Lot of Autumn / Fall Fabrics, Busy Hands Quilts

I have been second guessing myself on the large 20 inch strip in the center, wondering if I should have cut it in half.




I found a red print that was in this fabric line in my stash. How you like that?  I also added a strip of orange to make the back big enough.  I had cut the binding first to make sure I would have enough, then laid out the back.


Myra has Yard Sale Saturday the first saturday of every month.  Whether you are buying or selling, it's worth checking out.

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday

4 comments:

  1. Ta da! It's beautiful! I'm so happy you bought it and used it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love strippy quilts -- what a fun colour palette too! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF! Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a fun quilt. I like the wide section in the middle. It gives you an odd number of rows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric, Shannon and the quilt is awesome! I love the deep rich colors of autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...