Friday, May 20, 2016

Brick Cottage Lane

72 x 92

I have to tell you the story about how all these fabrics got in this quilt.

I had showed Myra a picture of a HTU (hard to use) maroon fabric with 2 or 3 different fabrics and asked her if they went together.  (In hindsight, they were awful!)  Good thing friends tell you the truth!  She suggested I make a patchwork quilt with my HTUs.  So I went through my stash and pulled all the fabrics that didn't go with my stash.  Turns out they are all soft non-modern fabrics. I kept adding more to the pile and pretty soon it filled almost 2 tables. Some of these fabrics are nice and some are "what were you thinking?" fabrics.


 I put them out in rainbow order and they looked so pretty together. Wow this was a great idea!




Anyway, I used 23 different prints from the tables in maroon to blue-green on the color wheel. And it used the HTU maroon fabric that I was having trouble finding fabrics for. You can see it on the back of the quilt below. 





I love using matching fabrics for the back instead of buying one big piece.  It add character to the quilt! I think it's one of my favorite things about a quilt. Besides being finished, that is!


My quilt is for sale in my Etsy shop.

       

8 comments:

  1. It is a great quilt - I like how you selected your fabrics for such a pretty palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was genius because this quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I think it's funny what some of us think as hard to use fabrics & others (meaning me!) drool over it. I am going to get this pattern right now--I see so much potential; thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They may have been hard to use, but they look beautiful together. I love this color combination. Good job using that fabric up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the story behind the fabric selection for this quilt. Your quilt is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this, Shannon! The colors are gorgeous. My shelving is filled with that kind of fabric too. I would love to try this pattern with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! That quilt is huge! Great colour choices, Shannon. I love a pieced back too although I always have a hard time getting mine straight! LOL! So glad you linked up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to lay out all those fabrics in rainbow order! I could immediately see big sections that would play nicely together. This is an inspiring post to me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...