Friday, July 21, 2017

King Size Buckeye Beauty


108 x 108

This pattern is similar to a Jacob's Ladder quilt, but it is called Buckeye Beauty. It can be made from a 4 patch that has two HST and two smaller 4 patches. I laid all my smaller blocks out on the design wall and sewed them together by rows. I felt I had more control of color placement and I didn't have to get up and iron each set of 4 blocks.


This was a custom request by one of my customers. She wanted a quilt with purple and gray with some other  colors thrown in. We chose to add blue and sage green colors. I used 11 fabrics of each purple and gray and only 7 of greens and blues.  36 different fabrics in all.


She chose a purple border,  a gray back, and a light purple thread. It all worked out beautifully.  It's been a while since I've made a king size quilt, but it went smoothly. If it had been any larger it wouldn't have fit on my longarm.


If you're wanting one just like this one in the colors of your choice, I've listed it in my etsy shop.

Linking with Busy Hands Quilts.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, pretty! It really looks like jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! the coulis are very nice together and have a kind of soothing effect, I'm sure your customer is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quilt! Great idea to sell as made to order in your quilt shop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, love all the subtle scrapiness. Looking at the distant picture I wouldn't have thought there were that many prints in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and huge! It has been awhile since I made one that big. Congrats on the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the colors and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one, too. As always, beautiful work! So many of your quilts are on my want-to-make list, I've created a pinterest board just for quilts from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful quilt. I love all the different fabrics you used. It's scrappy, but in a organized kind of way. Congrats on such a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite quilt patterns in one of my favorite color combos. Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous. I love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...