Friday, August 18, 2017

King Size Rainbow Bargello

105 x 100 

Finished this week is this King Sized Rainbow Bargello quilt!  I have been making rainbow bargello quilt for a while now and had someone ask me if I could make on in a king size. Sure, you bet! What I didn't figure in before saying yes was that this size is much longer than a twin size and requires more strips and more colors.


It took 52 different shades of Kona Cotton to make this quilt and several attempts at arranging and rearranging to get the colors to blend across the quilt. Surprisingly, I had most of these colors already and only had to order a few purples to complete the rainbow.


It is quilted in a red thread and backed and bound with black.


I had to include this picture because the kids look so cute holding the quilt up for me!


I now offer all sizes of this quilt in my etsy shop

13 comments:

  1. Love your quilt and your kids are very cute. I love the beautiful sweeping boldness of it. I kept staring at the quilt to see what kind of quilting stitch you used which added so much dimension to the quilt but kept the focus on the quilt. Ha! You used a large stipple-an old favorite. Very good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super gorgeous, you are the queen of bargello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! Wow. And what cute helpers you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing! I'm very into rainbow these days, but I don't think I'm brave enough to take on that level of rainbow! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I just made a really small bargello last Fall. I can't BEGIN to imagine making a king size one. It's GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. congrats on a gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning quilt! I love your rainbow Bargello quilts. You did an amazing job getting all those colors to blend. My favorite picture is the one with all your helpers. I bet it is heavy with all those seams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture of the kids holding it up, and wow is that quilt amazing - one of these days I need to try bargello!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...