Friday, August 4, 2017

Scrappy Patchwork Quilt Sew Along

96 x 96

I was encouraged by a friend to make this quilt.  Sherri from A Quilting Life is leading this sew along called Scrappy Patchwork Quilt Sew Along. The directions were for a large lap quilt, but I decided to make mine into a queen size.

It was Myra's idea to add the pieced border since I didn't have enough of any fabrics to do a border. And I just love it!


The back is an extra wide piece of cream fabric which was so nice because I didn't have to piece anything.


These fabrics all came from my more traditional stash that I have been trying to use up. This quilt made a huge dent in my pile, but I think I still have enough for 2 or 3 more quilt tops. But at least I'm getting used to using these colors. The orange still has me pondering. I think I'll take it out next time and replace it with some cream fabrics.


Here is it on a full size bed. I've been wishy washy the entire time of making this quilt, but I think I'm ending on the "I like it" side of things.

Linking with Busy Hands Quilts, and Crazy Mom Quilts.

11 comments:

  1. Love a scrappy quilt! Looks wonderful, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely not the colors I think of when I think of your style. However it is my colors(but then I seem to like all colors!). I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon,
    WOW - this is a lovely quilt. I think the orange kind of makes it, along with the reds and blues and that pieced border is just spectacular. It looks so snuggly and comfy - that's of love went into it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the pieced border is my favorite part. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this pattern and the colors are great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it and I'd leave the orphan orange~!
    I have been thinking of doing a stash busting quilt - just want to finish up a couple of WIPs first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's lovely - it reminds me of pebbles on a shingle beach, just washed by a vanishing wave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! It looks very comfortable and comforting. The colors are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Here's one vote to keep the orange. It's a spark of warm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...