Thursday, January 17, 2019

Some Rainbow Quilts


I had a request for a square sized bargello quilt recently. Can you tell where I added some strips? This one is almost 70" x 70".  It ends up being the same size as a twin if you go by square inches. She wanted to hang it on her wall, so I added a hanging sleeve using the tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Co.  Her directions were very easy to follow.


I also made a twin sized postcard quilt and a pillow sham to go with it. It was very cloudy when I took this picture. If I waited to take a picture with the sun out it will be freezing temps. So cloudy and warm it is.


The pillow sham is quilted with an envelope back. It's a nice touch to go with the quilt.


Solids and rainbows are such a fun way to quilt in January! But now that these two are finished, it's back to the regularly scheduled program.

Linking with Finished or Not Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Nicely done, I had to show the hubby,he had to study the bargello one😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as ever! What about arranging prints that read as solids in rainbow order and making a bargello with them? This combines the stash with a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the bargello quilt. The clever wave illusion is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon! Wow, wow, WOW. That bargello quilt is just fabulous. The movement and the colors! No, I cannot see where you added to it - it is just perfect. And you know how I feel about you and your Postcard quilts. You da queen as far as I'm concerned. You rock them! Beautiful finishes on both of them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - I forgot to say GOOD JOB ON THE QUILTING HOLDING! Happy Friday to y'all. ~smile~ Roseanne

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on two very colourful finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...