Friday, December 2, 2016

Boundless Beauty

 68 x 68

This is Myra's new pattern! I made a lap size using a black blender for my background. This pattern is written so you can strip piece to make the sewing faster or you can piece it traditionally if you want more control over where the colors are placed. Either way you go, it's a great pattern.  You can find it here.


It is quilted with an meander in a black thread.  I spent some extra time piecing the strip for the back because I had some leftover pieces. I had to do some seam ripping and resewing to get the black zig zag where I wanted it.  But it was nice to use up the pieces instead of putting them in my scrap bin.


Linking with Finished or Not Friday and Crazy Mom Quilts

4 comments:

  1. Such a striking quilt in the black blender. That backing takes the cake - it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use black a lot with brights and haven't done it in years, this reminds me to do it again. Nice work! I love your pieced backs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love how they pop on the black background. (And your blog is looking great too!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...